Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Website/Wiki Tools & Apps Sheet













I recently put together a Website/Wiki Tools & Apps Sheet as I am looking for a long-term hosting solution for my iPad App Recommendations Sheet, since it currently lacks two important functions – notification features (e.g., email, RSS) and statistics capabilities.

The notification features are important because viewers want to be able to receive webpage updates on the platforms of their choosing without having to revisit the site again and again to check for updates. Examples may include their email account, Google Reader, or Facebook as options. In addition, the user of website/wiki (me) wants to know that their information is being visited. Having statistics capabilities on the back-end of the tool is incredibly valuable in terms of collecting data on visitor trends.

I hope to move the iPad App Sheet to a website/wiki after I put up approximately 25 more app recommendations. The Website/Wiki Tools & Apps Sheet can be viewed at the following link:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/18zkl0IQsPmd88yYRtRUdg9pvrmginKKiAw1Y8tHHmfU/edit

2 comments:

  1. This is interesting, Jamison. I feel like I don't really know what the full range of what these tools can do for me. There are so many things out there for managing all this information and yet I don't feel like I can handle another place to look... Is this what you're trying to figure out? Where and how to manage it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a nutshell, I am looking at how I can better manage my work-self, and sometimes my personal life, using these tools. The possibilities are endless; it is simply a matter of deciding on what needs to happen, researching and testing the tool, and assembling the information. Using such tools can be very powerful if you can find the time to do the research and testing, which is why I created this sheet based on my own experience... so, others do not have to replicate the work. :)

    ReplyDelete